Friday, August 19, 2005

fresh flowers for August 19

Dirty Work
©2005, Lani Wiens
a fresh flowers original

This week has been spent cleaning out little used places. Getting into dark and ugly corners to free cobwebs and the like. I am beginning to see that this house adventure we are STILL on is God’s way of cleaning out my dark and dirty corners. Seeing how much I will walk by faith and not by sight. Will I trust Him and believe what I think He’s said. Will I trust my husband and his leadership through all of this? Will I trust that the real estate agent is really and truly doing her job? Will I trust my friends that are holding the house for us? Will I believe that God is not slow in keeping his promises as some consider slowness? Will I continue to believe that God really does have my best in mind and will bring me to the place that He desires for me to be? Will I believe that all of these twists and turns that require perseverance, patience and endurance are really earning me an eternal reward, will there really be glory at the end of this road of suffering?

One thing I know for sure is that God isn’t going to miss even one dark corner in my life. He will make very sure that all the nasty things that need to get cleaned up are dealt with. He knows that leaving even one little bit of that old nature of mine will ruin my spiritual house’s atmosphere. Let me illustrate with a yucky little story.

As I was cleaning in my basement I smelled a horrid smell. I thought something go into my vacuum cleaner and I was getting the odour through the exhaust. I turned the vacuum off, the odour was still there. A pernicious, nasty smell that can only be one thing – dog poop. I went searching. Sure enough there on the playroom floor was a tiny piece of doggie doo-doo. How could such a little bit be so offensive? It stunk up the entire basement. I flushed it down the toilet and lo there was much better air quality in my basement.

Leaving a little tiny bit of bitterness, rage, mistrust or unbelief in my heart will stink up my life. Its smell will permeate everything I do and make it offensive – counterproductive to the kingdom of God. So I humbly submit myself to God’s dirty work in my life. I want him to find each and every area where I am offensive to Him and do away with it. I want my life to have a pleasing aroma to every one who crosses my path. I know He’ll finish the job because Philippians says that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. I think I have a few more corners to liberate…

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

Wow! I love how you find flowers in poop! You should ask CWG's wife about a smell she found in her porch! I'll let her tell it.....hint hint....
I was getting so offended yesterday over the stupidest things. My sister in law was going to order 2 pizza'a in the same kind....They KNOW I like veggie, but they're going to get 2 of the same?????That's so dumb.....Joe was so good to rebuke me.

Well, as hard as this road seems, I can hear the joy in your writing. I can semse a peace under all those questions cause you know that this is the path laid before you. Keep climbing my fellow sufferer....(smile)