Saturday, January 28, 2006

a new motto

God showed me this verse today which I think will become my new motto for homeschooling and parenting:

Deuteronomy 32:2

"Let my teaching fall like rain
and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants."


Oh Lord, my teaching is often more like hail stones, my words like stinging sleet. Help me remember that I have tender young plants under my care. Keep my words soft (even when I'm sick and tired), let them wash off the debris of the world that falls on my children daily. Let them be life-giving and nourishing. Put a guard on my lips.

And forgive me for the many occurrences that aren't that.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Hi Lani,

I love that verse and I will be copying it down. Thanks for the encouragement!

Nin said...

amen, as that's my prayer too! good to know I'm not the only one who thinks I kill my poor little plant some days. Thank God He can always revive us!
Was good to see your new house today! So happy for you! Hope you feel better soon :)

Sonya said...

Beautiful words!