Wednesday, February 15, 2006

3 days after idol removal....

We have now been without the black beast in our home for three days. It has been wonderful!! The peace that has come to our house is quite astounding. The fighting has diminished considerably. I am finding that my spirit is calmer, not so much frustration and irritation (that may have more to do with the fact that I have finally been able to start having regular devotions again). Seriously, though, I stand amazed. I thought it would be much more difficult, but it isn't.

Benefits for this particular day:

* did not have a fight with my son about doing school work - even with grandpa and grandma waiting to take him to their place for sewing lessons
* cleaned the entire upstairs with all five kids in tow
* oldest two boys made lunch together
* more books are being read
* more schoolwork is getting done
* more playing is happening
* mommy is far less irritated and impatient
* the dog is seeing more play time

2 comments:

Nin said...

So happy for that dog!
lol! :)

Sonya said...

We had a no tv day today. We did some painting for the first time in a long time!