Monday, August 20, 2007

today

I'm amazed lately at how long I go in between posts. I used to post so very regularly but life is just so big and happening that this virtual world doesn't quite get on the priority list for every day anymore. I still enjoy visiting and reading other blogs that encourage and lift up. Just this morning I went over to Sunydazy Days and On the Wings of My Heart and was blessed by both those dear ladies.

I went to visit my mom and dad this week in their new house near my sister. It was a lovely time but seemed a bit frantic with so many kids cruising around. They have such a lovely yard and house to stop in for awhile, God has blessed them indeed.

Yesterday we took the kids that didn't stay at mom and dad's out for supper and then to the drive-in. What fun that was. Kelly ran into an old friend from camp at McDonalds' and we had a wonderful visit together as the kids played. Then at the drive-in our oldest son ran into a friend of his from camp, turned out his dad is a friend of Kelly's, too. We watched Ratatouille - a fun movied but all the scurrying rodents still creeped me out.

Today is quiet and rainy, fixing combines kind of day. I need to start pulling together lesson plans for Abby, figuring out what school supplies I need to buy for the boys and that sort of thing. Seems so quiet with only three kids home, of course one is out with daddy and one is sleeping and one just woke up so it's extra quiet at the moment.

I'm going to be teaching a women's sunday school class this fall. I've never done that before and I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to look at the lies and traps we let ourselves get sucked into and discover the way out - through developing our secret place, listening to God and hearing what He has to say about who we are and what He thinks of us. Since this is a big issue for me, I'm looking forward to what God will teach me through this...and hopefully a few other women will get blessed through it, too.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I hope you will share what God is teaching you and the women who are doing the study with you. I have an issue with that at times too. Hope you had a blessed day. Always enjoy reading what you post when you have a minute.

Blessings