Friday, July 10, 2009

wonderful smells (500)

As I was driving home today I was thinking about wonderful smells. What a gift God has given us in wonderful smells. I was going to say close your eyes and let the memories of these smells waft over you but then you couldn't read them. I've heard it's very hard to read with your eyes closed unless you are familiar with Braille. Anyways, this is a bit of my 'wonderful smells that are gifts' to add to my growing list.

478. the scent of rain hanging in the air
479. freshly washed children
480. bread coming out of the oven
481. lemon anything
482. gardenias
483. pepperming
484. vanilla
485. garlic and onions sauted in butter
486. oregano
487. pumpkin pie
488. sage dressing
489. campfires
490. freshly dug earth
491. the clean scent of the earth after the rain has fallen
492. laundry just out of the dryer
493. laundry just off the line, dried by the sun
494. Murphy's soap
495. satsuma oranges
496. coconut
497. shea butter
498. green apples
499. my husband
500. I can't think of anymore right now, but my family just drove up and after a few days apart, seeing them in a few seconds will be a gift

Feel free to add to my 'wonderful smells' list, I'm pretty certain I haven't covered them all.

Kathrin and Sabrina, you really ought to come visit you know...both of you...together.

No comments: