Thursday, October 25, 2012

Give Thanks Garland - {Day 25}

I love paper almost as much as I love fabric.  There are sooooooooooooo many fun things you can do with a bit of paper and glue.  I decided to make a garland to go on the mantle of our fireplace downstairs.  I rarely decorate anything down there because it is one of main destruction zones...but I thought paper wasn't so expensive to replace!  

Instructions for "Give Thanks" Garland

What I used:
Corner Rounder (Creative Memories)
Stamping Ink (Creative Memories and Studio)
Lifting Tool (Creative Memories)
Brads and Eyelets (from my stash)

Tools for this project.

I cut out 10 4" circles of the lighter paper and then 10 3.3" 'icing' from the textured, dark paper and glued them together with the dot runner.

I cut out 2" lettering using the Reminisce cartridge (Give Thanks) and used the Xyron to make them into stickers.  The Xyron is my fave gadget ever to date!  It makes putting lettering on SO easy.

Next, I inked the edges of my circles, first with pink, then with brown!  Always amazes me what an inked edge will do to give something a finished look.
Here you can see the difference between single inking and the double inked edges.  I've never actually tried that before but I think it worked great, don't you!?
Next I cut one inch strips from the striped paper to make the connecting rods.

used the corner rounder to make them pretty and correspond to the round edges of the circles.



I used my tools to create pilot holes for the brads to link them all together. (A huge darning needle works well for brads) I inserted eyelets on either end so that I could hang the garland with tacks, you could use bits of ribbon, too!

And there's the finished garland, hanging on the mantle.  I did a double bar between the two words to separate them.

A little closer look!  


All finished!  Hope you enjoyed this little project.  Obviously you wouldn't need to use the words Give Thanks, you could use the same idea, change the colors or the words and make a festive garland for any occasion!

Have a creative kind of day!


This post is one in an ongoing series called {31 days of Uncommon Creativity}.  If you'd like to start back at the beginning you can do so by clicking here!  You can find a lot of other 31 day-ers over at Nesting Place. go check it out you may find some great stuff there that is just begging for you to read it!


*eucharisteo*
Grace * Thanksgiving * Joy

You will also find me on:
Facebook:  Lani Fast Wiens
Twitter:  @flowerlady77
Pinterest: lanireneewiens


No comments: