Friday, March 29, 2013

Review - If You Have a Craving, I Have a Cure


If You Have a Craving, I Have a Cure is a book of recipes, but not necessarily the kind you might expect.  Yes there are recipes that I am planning to try "Not-Really-Cheese Cheese Sauce" and the "Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice Cookies".  However, most of the recipes are those that pertain to life and making some changes.  I personally appreciated the gluten free suggestions included in many of the recipes.

If you are craving change, rest, energy or celebration Shepherd has some suggestions or 'recipes' to help bring you to a foundational place on which to build soul-satisfying change.  She mixes faith, fun and food to guide you along the path to lasting change.  While not a deeply profound book and perhaps not new information, Sheperd presents truth in a way that is easy to swallow.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must mention  that Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments: