Wednesday, May 01, 2013

A Letter to You...

Dear Dreaming Friend,

I wish you could come curl up on my new-to-me couch in my messy living room, smell the chicken soup bubbling on the stove and rest with me.  I am tired, too.  The days press in hard with kids and schedules and farm and ministry and trying to walk toward my dream.  It seems like way too much most of the time.

In between loads of laundry and vacuuming and getting kids to practice I remind myself that my life is this and it is more.  In my bathroom there is a little wall plaque that says,

 Dare to make that difference. 
 Take that step. Follow that dream.
 - All things are possible with God. Mark 10:27 
(Dayspring)  

It's right across from the 'great white throne' so I'll see it often.

Maybe you haven't even allowed yourself to dream.  Your core fears of failure and rejection wipe you right over into the corner and you don't want to get up.  Don't let the adversary win!!  You were made to dream.

Your dream doesn't have to be big and fancy.  It doesn't have to look like anyone else's dream.  God is really good at getting that dream just the right size for you.

Do I have great wisdom for you?  Maybe just this.
Start.
Begin.
Commence to proceed.
Do it.
Dream.
Source: Click

I'll be right here dreaming with you, taking little steps forward.

Lani

This post is linked up with a bunch of other dreamers over Holley Gerth's.  We're all part of a God-sized Dream Team and our heart's desire is to encourage you.  Come dream with us!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Lani, just keep on dreaming! I love hearing what God is doing in your life. You do so much for so many. The obstacles we all encounter can derail our dreams if we aren't focused on Him. But I see Him working in so many ways in how you relate your life to us here! love and hugs!