|"Bread is the perfect vehicle for eating butter!"|
This is one of those moments that I should probably be doing something other than writing or sitting at the computer. The list is long...
* boys haven't quieted down, their light should be off...I should go take care of that
* there are baskets of unfolded laundry and an empty towel cupboard...I should take care of that
* I made a mess in the living room when I hung up the curtains...I should take care of that
* the floor needs sweeping...I should take care of that
* the new blog needs to be worked on if it will ever launch...I should take care of that
* I cut out the new doll orders today...
* there is mending sitting on the table...
* there is a mountain of paper that needs to be sorted...
* there are pictures to hang...
* the paint is still out...
* the lamp needs to be painted on the inside...
The list is long and all that I can think about is this:
"Mom, why is bread so good?"
My almost 17 year old asked me this as he lopped off yet another slice of my homemade bread. We go through about 12 loaves a week.
The first thing I thought about was that Jesus called himself the bread of life.
Bread is satisfying.
Bread is filling.
Bread is life-giving, it goes down into the hollow legs.
Bread is comforting - our motto when I was on VTI was, "all we need is Jesus, duct tape and toast".
Since I had to go gluten-free I miss my homemade bread...ALOT!
But I still get the bread of life, and He doesn't make my stomach hurt.
Bread is a staple in our diet. It gets a bad rap but not many of us are willing to live without it. We live without Jesus all the time. I need to remember that He is my bread.
He is satisfying.
He fills me up in all the hollow places.
He comforts me.
And He is gluten-free...in fact He will heal me rather than making me sick.
He is my mainstay, the cornerstone of my life.
He is so good.