Friday, May 03, 2013

On the Brink of Brave {Five Minute Friday}

Source
This week I signed papers, slipped them into an envelope with a commitment and dropped it in a mail slot.  It's another step on the way to a dream.  This one step has been brewing for over twenty years and we've stuck our toe on the step for about nine years but never stepped fully on...I wasn't that brave.

It's going to be hard and awkward and require more of me than I will be willing to give.  Maybe more than I have.  But we're finally willing to take that risk because we heard the Spirit whisper that it was time, and we were surprised.  It would be easier to just keep a toe on, but I'm wearing this bracelet on my wrist that says, "Dream God-sized dreams".  This thing is risky.
You can get one here...

We risk being misunderstood and judged and money and time and energy and probably things we can't even see right now...but we have a good God who has carried us through and so we're saying yes.

And when I think of brave I have to ponder the mamas that will be teary eyed tonite here in our little town as they push their babies out of the nest on graduation night praying that they've given them wings to fly.  And we know that pushing is just like back in the delivery room and we have to put a brave face on it because they are so excited to launch into a brave new world that is waiting to crush them but they don't see that now and that's a good thing...

I'm planning to put one of those bracelets on the wrists of the girls who've grown up with us as youth pastor's here...I hope they will be inspired to dream and be brave.

So I take my little step that feels so very scary but this step is all about that launch and I pray that the Word will hold me up as I walk on this path and I pray for those mamas because next year it's my turn to be brave...

This post is a part of a wonderfully brave community of writers who take a prompt and write for five minutes without editing and then go encourage each other in their brave pursuits...want to join us?  Come on be brave, write your BRAVE and link up at HERE.

Five Minute Friday

6 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you dear.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Stopping by from Five Minute Friday. I remember when my whole life turned upside down when my husband came home and told me God called him into the pulpit. Brave was not my first thought....but God has given us both a wonderful ministry.

Debi said...

You can SOOOOO do this. Yes, there will be days, but this is a great way for you to speak truth and love right into your kid's hearts and minds. I'm so proud of you!!! Woot woot!!

~Maxine~ said...

Wonderful, I wish you much luck on your project...

Jessie Gunderson said...

Exciting! I wonder what your papers are for. We too signed papers this week and are dreaming God sized dreams by saying Yes to adoption. We just got our referral for our sweet brother and sister who are waiting in Ethiopia. They are 5 and 7. :)

kirsten said...

Beautiful post. Found you at Five Minute Fridays. Blessings to you! www.godschick.wordpress.com